On 12:46 AM by Playtimebows Main in    No comments
 

According to veteran journalist Tony Calvento, model Deniece Cornejo has written a letter to President Benigno Aquino III to discuss how she celebrated her 23rd birthday behind bars last June 1. Apparently, she wanted to make it clear that she was not treated like a "VIP inmate."

In a Facebook post on Monday night, Calvento shared a photo he took of Cornejo's letter to the President.

Birthday behind bars

Cornejo wrote, "Dear Mr. President... By way of this humble representation, I wish to present my side regarding the simple celebration of my 23rd birthday last June 1, 2014 around 2-5pm held in the CIDG where I am currently detained up to this point."

Indeed, Cornejo, who is detained at the Anti-Transnational Crime Unit (ATCU) of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) at Camp Crame, managed to celebrate her birthday earlier this month with her family. She reportedly cooked kaldereta, her favorite dish.

Cornejo, who is in jail due to the serious illegal detention charge filed by actor Vhong Navarro shares a single cell with 14 other female inmates.

During her brithday in detention, she had also been visited by Roxanne Cabanero, another woman who accused Navarro of rape.

Cornejo herself has also filed a rape case against Navarro, but it was junked by the Department of Justice (DOJ). Instead, Cornejo along with Cedric Lee, Bernice Lee, Jed Fernandez, Zimmer Raz, Ferdinand Guerrero, and Jose Paolo Calma were charged for the mauling of Navarro.

Innocence highlighted

In her letter to the President, Cornejo said, "I'm still an innocent person, even as I have been charged of serious illegal detention, as guaranteed by our Constitution."

"I feel I'm entitled to marking these important youthful dates of my life with my family, friends, and relatives who came all the way from America and provinces especially that I'm experiencing difficult times," she added.

No special treament

In light on the crackdown against VIP prisoners, Cornejo pointed out in her letter, "With all due respect I didn't asked (sic) for any special treatment or privilege. [A]ll that I wanted was to hold a Sunday worship and thanksgiving since its [sic] Sunday and its (sic) family day."

Cornejo had invited a pastor of a Christian ministry where she belongs "to spread the Word of God and spiritual enrichment of our lives."

She explained that she had "no control" over her guest and other well-wishers, who brought birthday balloons and soft drinks to her detention cell.

"I'm aware of my limitations and in fact I did not leave the premises of the CIDG," she said in the letter.

The undated letter was signed "Deniece Milinette Cornejo."

The Palace has yet to comment on the letter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment